1. Mounting Method
The panel of the LCD Module consists of two thin glass plates with polarizers which easily get damaged since the Module is fixed by utilizing fitting holes in the printed circuit board. Extreme care should be taken when handling the LCD Modules.
2. Caution of LCD handling & cleaning
When cleaning the display surface, use soft cloth with solvent (recommended below) and wipe lightly.
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Ethyl alcohol
Do not wipe the display surface with dry or hard materials that will damage the polarizer surface. Do not use the following solvent:
3. Caution against static charge
The LCD Module use C-MOS LSI drivers, so we recommend that you connect any unused input terminal to VDD or VSS, do not input any signals before power is turned on. And ground your body, Work/assembly table. And assemble equipment to protect against static electricity.
Modules use LCD elements, and must be treated as such. Avoid intense shock and falls from a height.
- To prevent modules from degradation. Do not operate or store them exposed directly to sunshine or high temperature/humidity.
5. Caution for operation
- It is indispensable to drive LCD’s within the specified
voltage limit since the higher voltage than the limit shorten LCD life. An
electrochemical reaction due to direct current causes LCD deterioration, Avoid
the use of direct current drive.
- Response time will be extremely delayed at lower temperature than the operating temperature range and on the other hand at higher temperature LCD’s show dark color in them.
However those phenomena do not mean malfunction or out of order with LCD’s which will come back in the specified operating temperature range.
- If the display area is pushed hard during operation, some
font will be abnormally displayed but it resumes normal condition after turning
- As light dew depositing on terminals is a cause for electro-chemical reaction resulting in terminal open circuit.
Usage under the relative condition of 40 ºC, 50%RH or less is required.
In the case of storing for a long period of time (for instance, for years) for the purpose or replacement use, the following ways are recommended.
- Storage in a polyethylene bag with sealed so as not to
enter fresh air outside in it, And with no desiccant.
- Placing in a dark place where neither exposure to direct sunlight nor light is. Keeping temperature in the specified storage temperature range.
- Storing with no touch on polarizer surface by the anything else. (It is recommended to store them as they have been contained in the inner container at the time of delivery)
- It is recommendable to crash damaged or unnecessary LCD
into pieces and wash off liquid crystal by using solvents such as acetone and
ethanol which should be burned up later.
- When any liquid crystal leaked out of a damaged glass cell comes in contact with your hands, please wash it off well with soap and water.